Clark Memorial UCC, A Community Church, with Rev. Lisa Bodenheim, and Grace Community UCC, an African American congregation with Rev. Oliver White form a joint worshiping community. We are a cozy, neighborhood church located on the corner of Bryant and 15th Avenue North in the first ring suburb city of South St. Paul.
We are an Open and Affirming faith community welcoming all; regardless of age, sexual orientation, race, or abilities. We welcome the curious who ask questions about their faith and we welcome the serious who wish to strengthen a wobbly faith or challenge a complacent faith.
We are diverse pilgrims journeying and working together, reaching out to serve our neighbors, locally and globally. In a variety of ways we support Neighbors Inc, South St. Paul Restorative Justice, South St. Paul Educational Foundation, the United Church of Christ special offerings, and others. Join us as we seek to walk together in faith toward the heart of God.
Holy Week: Preparing for Easter
- Maundy Thursday
- April 17, 7:00 pm
- Seder Meal Worship Service in Social Hall
- Good Friday
- April 18, 12:00 noon
- Brief Worship Service at Luther Memorial church
- Walk with large cross, include four stops for prayer, to Neighbors, Inc.
- Arrive or leave at any time during this walk, dependent upon your schedule needs.
- 2:00 pm arrive at Neighbors, Inc. Refreshments served inside.
- April 20
- 8:30 am, breakfast served by the men in Social Hall
- 10:00 am, Worship Service includes praise dance, poetry read by Sunday School children, and choir songs as we celebrate the continual birthing of new life shown to us through Jesus.
Information about our joint community:
- New York Times article, January 11, 2014
- Minneapolis Star Tribune article, September 28, 2013
- St. Paul Pioneer Press article, September 8, 2013
If you are interested in offering a donation to support our faith community please be clear with the intent of your donation. Though we are partners who worship and reach out to our local and global neighbors together, we are still, at this moment in time, two congregations.
Grace Community UCC continues to provide financial support to Rev. Oliver White and the discharge of their financial debts while Clark Memorial UCC supports Rev. Lisa Bodenheim and pays for maintenance of the church building. This year we anticipate opening up a joint account that will pay for programs and outreach of both churches together.